|2017/01/20 11:22, Magog:||edited 1x |
|Unfortunately, this is a very bad time to start a thief-mage. Scouts have never been in a more poor state then now.
If you still want to go with it though, here's my 2 cents:
From what i can see from your pracset, you want to be a mage with high defense and high ob (with pierce).
You do not use any of the scout skills besides pierce/attack and pick.
If this is the case, here's what i would do:
1. use mage stats, an elf with this is good choice: Str:12 Int:19 Wis:17 Dex:14 Con:12 Wil:12 Per:14. Neglect per/wis, improve str or str/con, up to you.
2. get db banded or ob banded foci instead of staff, depending on preference (3/8 or 8/3 ob/db)
3. loose the parry dump, 22 is to much, you'll want to tone down on it, and keep it in the 1 digit range. Also get a few pracs in endurance for more hps, you will have low hps unfortunately.
4. Wear plain leathers and a beje/tower shield, depending on what you can get your hands on. Shining shirt/sleeves/leggings are also good options if you can get your hands on, will want to experiment. Piercing weapons you want: brd (for your def/allrounder), nimble blade (for fast piercing, good dps), chanted brown thorn (vs spirit).
5. Keep your thief pracs to 1 digit dodge (your db will come from shield spell), high piercing/attack (every 5% in pierce will add 1 more ob, difference between 86% and 70% is only 3 ob), 1 digit pick. Possible enhancement: get high envenom.
6. You will also need: max bob, max shield, max armour, cure light or serious, your choice, get it pracced between 50%-70%, nuke of choice (bolt, fball, colour spray, max), quick nuke of choice (burning hands, magic missile, few pracs). The rest is up to you, some good options are store/quake, locate life, teleport and so on.
Depending on the foci you pick, your ob at legend should end up around 95-105 give or take a few ob. At this point you have to realize the only way of getting good ob as scout is to branch into warrior and your stats are aimed towards mage (doubt this scaling off warrior will get fixed anytime soon). With the above mentioned set, you will have decent defense, but poor absorb/hps so dont expect to last long vs strong mobiles.
The benefit of the above stats is that if you realize you no longer want to gimp yourself by piercing, you can simply decay thief skills/grab a staff and some abs eq to become a pure mage.
Hope this helps!
Edit: charm/leadership/command are a big prac dump but if you are willing to go the lengths and get charm you will have pbsplit and good dps/tank companions to pick from, if you plan on soloing stuff.